6 nights / 7 days – Norway – Tromsø, Honningsvåg, North Cape, Alta, Sorrisniva
Day 01: Arrival in Tromsø
Arrival in Tromsø according to your own itinerary. Tromsø is often referred to as the ‘Arctic Capital’ and is the largest Norwegian city above the Arctic city. In Tromsø, we suggest a visit of the famous Polaria museum. Tromsø is situated above the Arctic Circle and right in the center of the Northern Lights zone. Because of the planet’s rotation, Tromsø moves into the aurora zone around 6 pm, and moves out again around midnight. The Northern light does not appear every night but the chances to experience it in Tromsø are definitely big! Accommodation at Clarion Collection Aurora or similar.
Day 02: Tromsø – Honningsvåg cruise
Breakfast at the hotel. Half day at leisure before boarding the Hurtigruten cruise ship in the afternoon. On board the Hurtigruten, you have a unique opportunity to explore the wonderful arctic landscape from the sea. The glaciers, the colorful culture of the Inuit and wild animals make the Hurtigruten cruise one of the most exciting and beautiful voyages in the world.
Accommodation on board Hurtigruten in outside cabin.
Day 03: North Cape & Honningsvåg
Breakfast on board. Today you have reached your final port onboard Hurtigruten, Honningsvåg. From here, you will go for an excursion to the northernmost point of Norway – the North Cape. The tour goes by bus from Honningsvåg through the sub-arctic landscape towards our destination. The plateau itself rises 307 meters up from the Arctic Ocean which gives you a Majestic view.
The entrance to the North Cape Hall with viewingplatform is included in the excursion. Transfer back to Honningsvåg for overnight stay.
Overnight at the Scandic Bryggen or similar.
Day 04: Honningsvåg – Alta
Breakfast at the hotel. This morning you will continue your journey by local bus to Alta. From Honningsvåg, you will drive through the underwater tunnel to the mainland, along the Porsangen fjord and across the pristine Sennalandet plains of Finnmark country. Overnight at the Thon hotel Alta or similar
Day 05: Alta and the igloo hotel
After breakfast you will be transferred to the igloo hotel. Enjoy a breath-taking snowmobile safari through the beautiful landscape of Finnmark. You will follow the old trade route towards Karasjok which offer a great variety of nature – from forest and valley to unending, snowcovered plains. Your adventure does not stop, after your adventurous snowmobile safari get ready for a night in the igloo hotel.
The Igloo hotel measures approx. 2000 square meters and the entire hotel with its 30 rooms are completely made of snow and ice. The temperatures inside the igloo remain constant between minus 4 and minus 7. Thanks to natural reindeer-hides, “mattresses” and sleeping-bags that keep you warm, you will have a comfortable night. We recommend wearing woolen underwear and a hat during the night.
Overnight at the Sorrisniva Igloo Hotel with dinner included
Day 06: Alta – Tromsø
After breakfast, you will leave the beautiful Igloo Hotel to head back to Tromsø by local bus. Overnight at Clarion Collection Aurora or similar
Day 07: Departure
Breakfast and morning and departure according to your own itinerary.
– 4 nights incl. breakfast in hotel room with shower/WC
– 1 night onboard Hurtigruten in outside cabin, breakfast and dinner included
– 1 night at the Sorrisniva Igloo hotel in a cold room, half board and transfers included
– Excursions as per the itinerary Travel Period 16.12.2019- 02.04.2020 (Igloo Hotel – Last overnight is the 06/04)
– Amendment terms / charges will apply to this booking
– The excursions are weather depending.
– A driving license is necessary for driving a snowmobile.
– The price is based on accommodation in tourism class hotels (3-4 stars). If any of the hotels are fully booked, we reserve the right to find alternatives of equal standard.
– Smaller changes in the program may occur.
– The first week of validity is on request, depending on the opening date of the snow hotel.
– The Igloo Hotel will be closed from Dec 23rd to 25th
– Igloo Hotel – New Year’s eve package available on request
– 50% payment required at the time of invoice
– 100% cancellation applies (unless otherwise stated)
Book this itinerary
Tel:+91-22-2444 8002 / 03 / 04