Amazing Kashmir with Katra
7 Nights / 8 Days – Katra, Pahalgam, Srinagar HB (Gulmarg & Sonmarg Excursion)
Day 01 Arrival in Jammu | Drive to Katra (50 kms / approx. 2 hours)
Meet our representative upon arrival at Jammu airport and proceed to katra from where Mata Vaishno Devi Temple is 13 kms trek-able. Inside the cave, there are 3 natural pindies representing Mata Saraswati, Lakshmi and Kaali. After reaching Katra, check-in at the hotel and prepare yourself for tomorrow’s trek. Dinner and overnight stay in Katra.
Day 02 Trip to Mata Vaishno Devi
After breakfast, trek up to the Vaishno Devi shrine for Darshan. The shrine is approachable on foot or on ponies along a 13-km well-laid footpath. Return to Katra for dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 03 Drive from Katra – Pahalgam (240 kms / 6.5 hours)
After breakfast, proceed to Pahalgam, also called the Valley of Shepherds. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. In Pahalgam, admire the beauty of nature as you walk along the banks of River Lidder. Pahalgam is also famous for some trekking routes and is the base camp for the Amarnath Pilgrimage. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 04 Sightseeing in Pahalgam
After breakfast, enjoy panoramic views of Pahalgam town and Lidder Valley. Start with Aru Valley which is a small village, 15 km upstream the Lidder River, The route is picturesque with ample campsites. This village is the starting point for treks to the Kolahoi glacier. Later, visit Chandanwari, 16 Km which is the starting point of sacred Amarnath Yatra. Chandanwari is famous for snow sledging on a snow bridge, enroute you can visit Hajan, an idyllic picnic spot and Betaab valley. Dinner & overnight in the hotel.
Day 05 Drive from Pahalgam – Srinagar (90 kms / approx. 3.5 hours)
After breakfast, proceed to Srinagar – This place is famous for its lakes and the charming houseboats, Srinagar is also known for traditional Kashmiri handicrafts. The lake comprises a series of water bodies, including the Nagin Lake. One can take in the panoramic view of the mountains surrounding Srinagar from this lake. Kashmiri boats called Shikara, are used to explore the intricate maze of waterways on this lake. In the evening, enjoy visit to Mughal Gardens followed by a Shikara-ride on Dal Lake. Overnight stay in Srinagar Houseboat.
Day 06 Sonmarg Excursion (One way - 55 kms / approx. 2.5 hours)
After breakfast depart for full day excursion to the Sonmarg, ‘Meadow of Gold’ on Srinagar- Leh road, a gushing river is the highlight of this meadow, flowing down from snowy heights into the dense woodlands of firs and silver birches. Glaciers pour down from this stream from the Himalayas on to the many camping sites in Sonmarg. A thick forest-cover of sycamore, alpine flowers, silver birch, fir and pine, Sonmarg offers adventure in the form of treks, sledging, angling, alpine skiing and white water rafting. Upon arrival visit Thajiwas Glacier. Later return to Srinagar for dinner & overnight stay in houseboat.
Day 07 Gulmarg Excursion (One way - 58 kms / approx. 3 hours)
After breakfast depart for full day excursion to the Gulmarg, ‘Meadow of Flowers’ situated at an altitude of 2730 meters. Enjoy full day local sightseeing of Gulmarg and Gondola-ride (cable car). Walks on the lush green meadows of flowers with a backdrop of the snow-capped mountains. Return to Srinagar for dinner & overnight stay in houseboat.
Day 08 Departure from Srinagar
After breakfast, you will be transferred to Srinagar airport for return flight back home.
- Mata Vaishno Devi Darshan
- In Pahalgam, visit Aru valley, Betaab Valleyand chandanwari (start point of Amarnath-yatra)
- Mughal Gardens & Shikara Ride in Srinagar
- Excursion to Thajiwas Glacier, Sonmarg
- Gondola Ride in Gulmarg
- Assistance at airport and sightseeing tours by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Start from Jammu and End in Srinagar
- 4 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above hotels or equivalent
- 3 night accommodation in well-appointed rooms as mentioned above houseboat or equivalent
- Assistance at the airport
- Meal plan as mentioned above
- 1 session of Shikara-ride
- Gandola ride (up to Phase 1) in Gulmarg
- 1 Local Union Car included for Pahalgam and Sonmarg sightseeing
- Sightseeing as per itinerary by private tourist vehicle
- Drivers allowances, toll taxes and Govt. Service Tax
- Air tickets and airport taxes
- Entrance fees to monuments and Gardens
- Pony Ride Charges
- Supplement cost for Vaishno Devi Yatra Ticket is INR.4400 per person (to and fro)
- Guide service
- Items of personal nature like laundry, phone calls, tips to guides / drivers etc.
- Camera / Video camera fees applicable at monuments.
Book this itinerary
Tel:+91-22-2444 8002 / 03 / 04